Thursday, October 28, 2010

Joe the Teabagger Campaign Death Spiral Watch - Day 17: Fill in the Blanks

I. The release of some items from Joe the Teabagger's Fairbanks North Star Borough personnel file related to his suspension after committing a few felonies as he hacked his colleagues' computers by stealing their passwords, then deleted confidential material from those computers' hard drives in a lame, almost insane attempt to cover his tracks, his layers and layers of lies as he denied he had committed those crimes, open up all sorts of possibilities as to how out-of-whack this imposter actually may be.

Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank has been writing about Joe occasionally. Today's WaPo contains his most recent piece, titled "What's Wrong with Joe Miller?"

Some journalists and bloggers have been stalking the Alaska Republican Senate nominee to see whether he's receiving military disability benefits, and, if so, for what. The court-ordered release of documents from his last workplace, the Fairbanks North Star Borough local government, only deepens the mystery. The judge had medical information redacted, causing the documents -- a series of 2009 e-mails released late Tuesday -- to read like a Mad Libs exercise. (We encourage readers to fill in the blanks in the comments section of this post.)

Writes Miller to a colleague in an e-mail:

I'm scheduled for _______ in Anchorage on Monday, _______ is Thursday in Anchorage. I don't know what the recovery time is and won't know until after my _______ on Thursday. Apparently, the _______________my _______.

Miller also writes:

"Although the ______ is serious, it's my understanding that this type of _____ does not have an extensive recovery period."

And then this:

"Again, although the reason for the leave was for my ______ (completed), ______ (completed), and ______ (canceled but being rescheduled locally), it was submitted as personal leave."

And this:

"I canceled my _____ with VA in Anchorage yesterday and am now trying to reschedule with Wade."
Milbank goes on, later in his essay:

Whatever the blank was wrong with Miller, his colleagues seemed to agree that he was under a great deal of pressure and was not to be trusted.
He wasn't. And isn't. One commenter at Milbank's piece decided to fill in the blanks:
figured out the blanks:
"Again, although the reason for the leave was for my ______ (completed), ______ (completed), and ______ (canceled but being rescheduled locally), it was submitted as personal leave."

"Again, although the reason for the leave was for my shock treatment (completed), lobotomy brain surgery (completed), and mental health counselling (canceled but being rescheduled locally), it was submitted as personal leave."
Be my guest to fill in the blanks your own way in the comments.

II. Wednesday morning I called in to Dave Stieren's KFQD show (hour two, from 8:26 to 8:57). There wasn't much of an exchange, as I had no time for Stieren's BS, just enough time to comment:

Phil: I read through the sequence of lies he told [his employer], and it's incredible. He keeps on making new stuff up.

I ran the Whittier boat harbor for five years and hired and fired a lot of people. I ran the Cordova Center, the state's biggest halfway house for two years, hired and fired a lot of people. I sent people back to prison from there.

Had any [employee] done what Joe Miller did to me, I would have had him fired. Had they appealed it, they would have LOST. I sent people back to prison for less than what Miller did in Fairbanks.

Stieren: Thank you, Phil.

Phil: Bye.
III. Anchorage's Dan Fagan has just had his last defense of Joe Miller posted at the Anchorage Press' web site. I suppose it will also be in today's print edition. In an essay that does not once mention the word "lie," Fagan concludes:
The media is saying with this election cycle, “Hell yeah, we will take down Joe Miller. Eventually something we throw at him will stick.”
I must have missed something, Dan. What didn't stick? Your BFF, Joe the Teabagger is getting pretty goopy by now with all the stuff that has stuck, don't you think?

4 comments:

Kevin said...

The media didn't throw Miller's 2008 written admission at him. They found it stuck to him because he had nailed it to his own behind.

Why is Fagan, or anyone with the possible exception of Miller's wife and children, sticking to Miller?

Anonymous said...

I'm scheduled for surgical sterilization in Anchorage on Monday, follow-up is Thursday in Anchorage. I don't know what the recovery time is and won't know until after my vasectomy on Thursday.

Anonymous said...

If anyone is interested, Wade may refer to Dr. Wade, an orthopedist in Fairbanks. My wife went to him about a serious condition, and he is a grade-A quack. So Joe may have his problem related to a joint.

Anonymous said...

Concerning my thoughts on your "death" remarks about Miller or as you say, his campaign.
I'm neither invovled with the Tea Party nor am I a fan of Miller.
And Kevin, I'm not paranoid. I just know how crazed the left gets when it comes to wishing bad things on the right. So Munger's use of the death watch BS is coming from somewhere in his warped subconscious. Kind of like his obsession over Palin, an old man's daydream.