Thursday, September 4, 2008

Saradise Found - Chapter One - For Ishmael Melville

At the end of a session with a reporter this afternoon, between teaching classes at UAA, as I was starting to walk out, I spotted two men looking at what they thought was a copy of a cover of Vogue Magazine. I stopped next to their table.

Asking them where they had gotten the really cool picture (printed on high quality glossy photo paper) of Gov. Sarah Palin, they told me they had downloaded it at a GOP fan site devoted to Gov. Palin on the internet. Apparently, the site was passing the image off as real, in its fervor for our state's vice presidential candidate.

I was afraid they'd take it harder than they did, as I explained Kodiak Konfidential, pointing to the KoKon logo at the bottom left of the image.

This gentleman offered to let me take his picture with the cover, so I could let Ishmael Melville know how much his work is being appreciated.

Ish - this has turned into one of those things that definitely takes on a wondrous life of its own. Not the first time - nor the last - you've been ripped off, eh?

4 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

Those dang internets... they're a wacky series of tubes, ain't they?

Matthew Hubbard said...

And by the way, since a week has passed and she's still the nominee, you have been added to my blogroll.

Ishmael said...

Kinda cool, really. I've become philosophical over it.....

Some dude was trying to sell them on T-Shirts on Cafe Press but either I or Conde Nast shut them down.... (I think we both objected).

Philip Munger said...

ish - if you had a penny for every time that image has been viewed, you could buy the Kodiak Brewing Company, and put up a new branch in Wasilla, with the governess on the label...