I got my suit cleaned, got a fresh haircut, and went looking in Wasilla for an American Flag lapel pin. You'd think it would have been easy. I remember last year, every Republican in the USA and many Democrats, wearing those little pins. Sean Hannity, on his FAUX News TV program, would badger people who didn't wear them.
So, you'd think that it would be very easy to find one in Wasilla. It wasn't. Sarah Palin's red-as-moose roast home town seem to be plain out of them. Even Gold Nugget Jewelry, a really cool place, didn't have any that weren't gold and jewel encrusted. I'll wait until I'm president and general manager of SarahTV before I get one of those.
Oh, wait - I AM President and General Manager of SarahTV.
But, I'm also cheap.
I eventually found pins that come close - lapel pins with both the Alaska and US flags, entwined forever. Wal-Mart, a place I usually avoid, had them. This will have to do, unless somebody knows of a place in Anchorage or the Valley that has what I want - HUGE American Flag lapel pins.
Kodiak Island Brewing Company has a new seasonal brew:
The Alaska Teabagger Party will be having a picnic on May 30th. I hope to be there, on another gig for SarahTV. Here's their manifesto:
1. No legislator shall be in office for more than two (2) years term limits.
2. All legislators must pay into the Social Security yearly from their wages.
3. No legislator shall be able to give themselves raises, the American people will vote for these raises on the legislator’s record.
4. All legislation shall be posted on the internet for five (5) days, the legislator has forty eight (48) hours to read said legislation before voting and a three (3) day cooling off period after legislation has been signed to recall said legislation before moving to the President for signing.
5. Any government official whether the President or the Janitor does not comply, honor, pledge the Constitution of the
6. Any legislator that breaks the law, ex: (tax evasion, lobbying, conflict of interest) will not be rewarded with monies or committees.
7. The American people would have the right to throw any legislator out of office if anyone of them does not read legislation before voting on them.
8. No government official shall start a war if they do not intend to win a war.
9. We need to abolish the Electoral College and the American people would determine who will be the President.
10. All candidates for government service must go through a mandatory universal service either in the Armed Service or through Community involvement before being vetted for candidacy.
11. English would be our main language in the
12. No more amnesty programs for illegal immigrants. All will abide by
13. Any immigrants in this country or coming to this country will abide by the laws of the
14. The words “In God We Trust” would never be abolished from our monies, schools, government installations.
15. The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag will be restored back in our schools.
16. Our constitution would never be amended; the founding structure would be forever the same.
17. The fair Tax would be instrumented to everyone.
18. Our military personnel active or veteran status would be afforded complete health care with no stipulations.
19. Christianity will again be restored as our main religious entity.
20.Big government will not be allowed, no handouts and accountability and transparency will be the law of the land