Friday, February 19, 2010

Saradise Lost - Book 4 - Chapter 54 - Andrea Fay Friedman Defends "Sarcasm" in the Real America

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman.

I was born with Down syndrome.

I played the role of Ellen on the “Extra Large Medium” episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine’s day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in ” Smudge” but I was a blonde in “Life Goes On”.

I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line “I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska” was very funny. I think the word is “sarcasm”.

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life.

My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around -


- looking for sympathy and votes.

7 comments:

crystalwolf aka caligrl said...

Wow! What a slam and coming from someone with DS too!
"My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around -"
If I could ask her a question, I would ask her what does she think of the name TriG? Trisomy-G???

Anonymous said...

Andrea finally said aloud something I have been thinking since August 2009: Don't you know how to carry a child? "Loaf of french bread" : spot on. Oh, and Sarah, the joke was about YOU, not Trig. The character in Family Guy was clearly sharper than her date....faux outrage once again.

~karen in california

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit doubtful the reply to Palin was totally hers.

Anonymous said...

@ anonymous at 12:08

Hmmm. You might find it a bit more difficult to explain away her comments in the interview to the NYT.

btw...Andrea is an accomplished actress who went to college. The only interpretation I can put on your "doubt" of her ability to form her own opinions and write her straightforward and simple statement is that you have a preconceived notion (bias) about the potential abilities of people with Down Syndrome. The cure for that is educating yourself on DS and to familiarize yourself with Andrea's resume.

Anonymous said...

Andrea also appeared on tv today to discuss Palin, Downs Syndrome, and the reaction to The Family Guy episode. Unlike a certain half-term, half-time ex-gov, she is able to answer questions and speak in complete sentences.

Makabit Bat Guriel said...

Annonymous 3:53

I don't care if she was an astronaut at one time in her life.
Like everyone else before her whether they had Downs Syndrome or not she is a pawn for the left.
And if you don't believe that
why is the broken down, horn tooting, Jew hating old goat using her to attack Palin on this blog?
Answer me that one!

Anything to push *your* hate agenda is the answer
See you didn't even have to place your fat little fingers on the keyboard because I answered the question for you. Pretty cut and dried huh?

Anonymous said...

Just watched the video of the "interview" and yes she was coached.
How many times did she have to repeat the idea of Palin looking for votes before you could figure it out?
So, she is a pawn of the left.