Shannyn Moore linked on twitter to this photo of NYC firefighters tonight, near ground zero, as crowds - thousands - gathered upon hearing the news from the White House that Osama bin Laden was killed, either yesterday or today, in Pakistan. Here are some quick impressions:
1. I'm glad he's dead. I thought he already was.
2. Listening to FOX radio on KENI AM on the way home from today's UAA commencement, three times the FOX announcers or guests misspoke and said that Obama had been killed.
3. If Osama was killed yesterday, as some are saying, it was the 66th anniversary of Adolf Hitler's suicide.
4. If he was killed today, it was the eighth anniversary of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech off the California coast.
5. President Obama did not allude to that speech. Rather, he called Bush before it, to let him know that Osama had been killed.
6. Had they taken him alive, maybe they might have gotten him to explain how he put this damned thing on the bottom of United Airlines Flight #175:7: Can I keep my shoes on at the airport now?
8. Can we bring our troops home from Afghanistan and Pakistan now?