Friday, May 6, 2011

I'll Be Hosting Geoffrey Dunn on The Lies of Sarah Palin Saturday at firedoglake

Saturday - tomorrow - I'll be hosting firedoglake's Saturday afternoon Book Salon. This week's guest will be author Geoffrey Dunn, whose book, The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power, will be out on May 10th.

As I wrote in my short review, which will be posted tomorrow:
Geoffrey Dunn chose the lies of Sarah Palin as the title of what is certainly the best adversarial political biography yet of this deeply divisive figure because those lies and their role in what she has become are central. The fact that he managed to keep the rate of lies - by my count - down to around three per page, showed remarkable restraint on his part, though. Part of the reason is that he had a larger story to tell. He tells it well. The lies touch upon everything she has done, and he keenly weaves them into the book's narrative.

Please join us at 1:00 p.m. Saturday Alaska time.

1 comment:

AKjah said...

I will split my day to be there.
Good luck with your dock. Bob.