Sunday, July 18, 2010

@C4P - There Are Stupid People, and There Are REALLY Stupid People

Last month, when Sarah Palin was ordered to repay $386,856.00 from her illegal legal defense fund, Palin's PAC, through their outlet, Sea of Pee, asked people to donate to her new legal defense fund, that had been set up to collect funds in a new way. My favorite comment from their begging rant, was this:

Just donated to new Palin Legal Fund! Will send more $ when I get my refund from former legal fund. Onward to 2010 and 2012!


The same blog announced today that:

What you may not know is that the Alaska Fund Trust incurred $87,680 worth of legal and other expenses in its formation. Furthermore, there will be expenses incurred in returning the donations to the Alaska Fund Trust. By donating today we can offset those costs.


So the illegal legal defense fund, which was the main reason for Palin's resignation announcement one year and 18 days ago actually needs $474,536.00 - and counting.

Interesting.


So SarahPAC is holding a fundraiser, with a goal of $100,000.00 by July 23rd. So far, they've raised 10% of that. But they're hoping:

Guys it's very important that we do this, they have a target of $100,000 by July 23 with only 5 days to go they are up to $10,000. We need to help them raise $90,000 within the next 5 days.

Anyway, the SarahPAC fools at the Sea of Pee are whining about how unfair it is that Palin was held to account for violating Alaska state statutes, and using her office to raise money for personal expenses:

As many of you are aware, on June 21st of this year, Governor Palin settled with the State of Alaska over the matter of the frivolous lawsuit concerning the Alaska Fund Trust.


Some of the comments at the Sea of Pee posting for the current beg are hilarious:

I donated $200.00. I give back the $150.00 and another $50.00 to cover cost.


and:

When the original fund was announced, I mailed a check for $150. When it hadn't cleared after a month, I figured something had happened -- got lost in the mail or something, so I made a second $150 contribution via PayPal. About a week later, my original check cleared, so I unintentionally donated the maximum twice.

When the new fund was announced, I donated $100, will donate another $100 today, and when my refund comes from the original fund, I'll turn around and send that back in to the new fund.

Charter, I agree with you that this is a very tangible way in which we can stick it to her enemies. I'm not as eloquent as you are, so I'll just say to them, eat dirt!


and:

The people who should really be on the hook for the Gov's legal expenses are the citizens of Alaska. The Whale (ya know who that is) and the Coockroach (ya know who that is) cost them $millions and they stood silently by and got fleeced right along with the Gov. Where were the protests? Where were the few thousand angry citizens camping out on their front yards. In the end if needed, where was the offer they couldn't refuse?

If the citizens of Alaska had any pride in their State, or in themselves for that matter, they wouldn't let this stand. Last summer I canceled a 2-week vacation to Alaska. I'll not spent one dine in a state where part of it would go to cause our Gov. harm and $. I'd rather donate $$ to her - The state of Alaska be damned!

The Gov promotes her state with a passion. With due respect, I say - NO thanks. Why should I support a people who let the best advocate for them they could ever wish for get screwed by of few of them very selves?


Sheesh!

I mean - "Whoooooooosh!"

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I just finished reading this little post at the PeaSea. All I could keep saying was, go ahead and give that idiot your money. Are these people stupid or what??

Scorpie

Anonymous said...

Phil, you made me panic. Today is the 18th. (or is it?)

In the Palin apology world, they will just accept 80K in expenses from an account that was frozen for over a year. They are being fleeced by a grifter, and have proven to be her perfect targets.

Philip Munger said...

anon @ 11:38. Fixed it. And then I turned my calendar from June to July.

AKPetMom said...

Hmmm, don't these people know that Alaskans are a little pissed that Palin quit on them? And as far as her detractors eating dirt, I'd say that the fool that donated the $500 to her is probably the one "eating dirt", literally because he spent his grocery money on a new snowmachine for Todd! (I mean Palin's legal fees, that is, what was I thinking?)

Also, now that the Palin Pride is damning the State of Alaska will they still watch her Discovery Show? Those that can still afford cable after sending all their money to the Palin family, that is, which is probably not many.

womanwithsardinecan said...

Those evil Alaskans! How dare they do that to the Governor...er, ex-Governor...er, the Quitter who passed the ball to progress her bank account. I'm going to cross Alaska out of the dictionary, and I'm throwing away my niece's stuffed polar bear!!

Anonymous said...

BTW, are there ANY C4peers who are actually Alaskans?

honestyinGov said...

Aha..." Snake oil " is no longer sold in a bottle. It comes packaged in a Skirt now.... and red monkey pumps... also, too.

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:41-there WAS one, I think from Juneau-Upinak. But haven't
seen her at C4P for a long time and I'm not sure if Akreport was actually from Alaska...Is he still there. He used to post at Fbks Newsminer and ADN all the time.

Anonymous said...

The PeaSea seems to think that giving her all their money will drive the progressives/liberals crazy. I say let 'em go into debt.

Scorpie

Rocky in Texas said... said...

aka...Rocky in Texas said...

If they keep giving all there money to the Grifter...

How will they ever pay there tuition fees to...

Becky U

wakeUpAmerica said...

The Urinal and TeamSarah (rah, rah, rah) are good for one thing: comic relief. I go there any time I need a laugh. If only they knew how ridiculous and needy they sound. I would far rather have an intellectual discussion with someone rather than an adoration fest.

Anonymous said...

Those poor, dumb suckers. I really do feel sorry for them. Some people truly do not have the intelligence to recognize when they're being fleeced. They sound like brainwashed Moonies.

Shame on Sarah Palin and her dishonest grifting machine. A true Christian would never take advantage of others in this way. A snake oil salesman in a skirt, indeed. All of that plastic surgery cannot disguise the 666 tatooed on her overly botoxed forehead. The Beast has arrived.

Anonymous said...

Hello Phil....The Question that I would love to know is this....In your conversation with RAM(I know I've asked this Question 190856732825458695673548 times before....but this....just bugs me) Did She say(to you) that the Sarah Palin legal defense fund was false????

If RAM didn't say anything about that to you, you can just say back to me "Anon, She didn't say anything about that in my conversation with Her" And I will stop asking you this question....

In closing, for anybody who is Interested here are a couple of links that forced me to realize that both parties are totally rotten.


Dillon Read & Co. Inc. the Aristocracy of Stock Profits


20/20 Hindsight: Censorship on the Frontline (1/9)

The story & 9 part video series are long, but extremely informative, patience (for the reader & viewer) will be rewarded....these are the stories of Catherine Austin Fitts and Richard Grove respectively.

Anonymous said...

This is funny and sad...
Howled out loud at " I'll not spent one dine in a state where part of it would go to cause OUR Gov. harm and $" (emphasis on OUR is mine.)
That poor soul doesn't understand she was OUR Alaskan Gov and we don't miss her a bit. All that puff-uppery about the citizens of Alaska letting her down... LOL!
The whole thing is so silly it would be hysterical were it not that these folks are sending more money to whatzername...
Some of these folks need leagal guardians to protect them from themselves and the con artist ,whatzername.
alaskapi

Kevin said...

It's really unfortunate that the homeless can't go into the resentment and bigotry business, since that seems to be what people will generously hand over their money for, with no questions asked.

darkblack said...

How nice that some of those folks formerly employed in the sideshow business to eat raw fish heads and roll in their own filth while carnygoers pitched pennies at them have found succoring spiritual sustenance donating those hard-won coppers again and again to such a griftilicious cause.

;>)

KaJo said...

I wish there was some way the gummint could intrude into this grifting scheme to find out if these dolts sending money to Sarah Palin eventually have to go on Welfare/declare bankruptcy/lose their mortgage and home due to non-payment.

It's bad enough to read confessions that some of them are feeding their families rice 4 nights a week 'cuz the grocery money goes to Sarah...

Phil, I have a question for you, too, that is completely OT.

Did Todd, Willow, and Sarah ever climb that "little sliver of Mt. McKinley" they suggested via Twitter to their adoring fans and to the rest of a skeptical world that they were going to do last Wednesday?

Or did they just get filmed with fake sweat beads on their brows climbing the fake rock wall across the street from the Alaska Mountaineering School?

Do you know?

Anonymous said...

ANYONE sending money in any form thru any medium to the Swag-Hag deserve everything get lumped on them... The old tune "Bad to the Bone" could very easily be turned into the tune "Stupid to the Bone"...it absolutely applies here...

Philip Munger said...

KaJo,

I don't know if they climbed Sweet tooth or whatever or not. Perhaps the, uh, "climb" was a stunt associated with her TV program, so can't be talked about due to her contract or something.

Anonymous said...

I'm rather glad that unpleasant fool parting with his or her money didn't come to Alaska. He sure has it backwards as to who got fleeced, and by whom. Both Alaskans and donors to her trust fund got fleeced by Palin, and thank heavens for citizens willing to stand up and say "This is wrong."

I'd gladly have paid to have seen a truly unbiased process where the Twitter quitter, 1/2 term, truth and ethics challenged ex-gov didn't get away with her antics, and in fact, I did help pay for a public records request the state charged outrageous amounts of money to produce.

And I was protesting, thank you very much, at the Alaskans for Truth rally in Anchorage. And I protested at the ballot box, too, so she wouldn't get elected VP.

"Best advocate"? She is truly an embarrassment to our state, and to women everywhere. Please wave enough money in front of her to get her to come to wherever you are ($100,000 seems to work), then keep her there.