Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friends of Mat-Su Board Annual Retreat

The Friends of Mat-Su is a local non-profit organization that provides land use information, advocates for borough wide planning, promotes citizen involvement and offers tools and support to develop new, positive ideas and structures in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough. I'm on the board of directors, currently serving as secretary.

We had our annual retreat today at the stunningly beautiful location and main building of Col. Ed Strabel, and his wife, Glynn's Mountain Streams Bed & Breakfast. Like a lot of non-profits, we're looking forward to continue doing what we're here for, in the tough economic climate in which the Bush administration has left our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Friends of MatSu!

I am from the future.
I am writing to you from late in the month of October, the year 2010!

I know this seems impossible, but I must warn you that you must stop Barack Obama now! While you still have time!
However bad you think things were during the George Bush administration, Obama will make things much, much worse!
Double digit (official) unemployment numbers, budget deficits in the trillions (yes, I said TRILLIONS)each year!
I know you won't believe this but this was the first year in the past 35 years that the US Congress didn't even bother writing a budget!
I could go on with stories about your future of record food stamp recipients, failed bailouts, and missing $billions, but the time warp window in the interweb is closing so I'll just tell you to STOP BARACK! Do it for your fellow man, do it for your fellow traveler.

PalmerBill from the Future