Thursday, August 12, 2010

Good Riddance, Rep. Timothy Horrigan

From the Manchester Union-Leader:

A state representative who posted on Facebook that "a dead (Sarah) Palin would be even more dangerous than a live one" has now resigned.


State Rep. Timothy Horrigan, D-Durham, could not be immediately reached, but state Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley told the Granite Status that Horrigan informed him he had sent a resignation email to the Speaker of the House's office.Buckley issued a statement saying,


"Rep. Horrigan took the appropriate action by resigning today. His comments were inappropriate and do no reflect the views of the New Hampshire Democratic Party. As an elected official, this type of rhetoric is out of line."


Earlier reports on the "dead Palin" controversy follows in this earlier update immediately below and in the full Aug. 12 Granite Status, which follows it.


Horrigan this afternoon also posted on his own website a letter to House speaker Terie Norelli, saying, "I wish to resign from the House of Representatives effective immediately, and to discontinue my re-election campaign for Strafford County District 7. I apologize for thoughtless remarks I made which have brought this House into disrepute. I enjoyed my time in the House and I thank you personally for your support over the years."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the poster child for what this nation is becoming. no honor-no integrity -selfish. You aren't good enough to lick Sarah Palin's shoes.
Pam Roorbach

Philip Munger said...

Pam - WTF?

Do you mean former Rep. Horrigan, or PA?

Anonymous said...

Phillip,
I was commenting on the article above. The guy who wished Sarah Palin had died in the plane crash of the Alaskan Senator who was killed. Nice language-even if an anacronym.
PS
You need an attitude ajustment!

Philip Munger said...

"PS
You need an attitude ajustment!"


--- headed out for one right now...

Anonymous said...

Phillip,
OK - now I understand. You wrote the article and PA means Progressive Alaska not Pennsylvania. Still didn't like the language or attitude.
Pam

Anonymous said...

PS
I am from OH, heard about Horrigan, googled him and got to your article. Sorry about the mix-up!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sarah, oh Sarah, is this you again 1:53pm? Makin' up words again, such words as "anacronym"?

Anonymous said...

I read the article and from what I can gather is that he, Tim Horrigan, posted on Facebook thoughts that others may have had but did not publicly post. That being said, I wish no misfortune to anyone, and that includes the Palin Clan. But I can also say I don't think I would attend any funeral for any of them either.

undrhook said...

I knew as soon as I heard the news is that the guy who made the comments was a freak fag left wing loon. Cmon look at this guy, can you imagine the shit that's in his closet? LOSER

undrhook said...

And an ugly looking scumbag