Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wasilla to Seattle

Judy and I flew down to Seattle from Anchorage late Thursday.  Earlier in the day, we had performed our monthly water quality monitoring on Neklason Lake (above), and I taught my last summer school evening class at Eagle River Community College.

When I woke up at my sister's house on Mercer Island Friday morning, after my post-flight snooze, my daughter Julia and my mom were sitting together, talking about mom's newest quilt.  She just turned 93, and we'll be celebrating her birthday, along with those of some other early August b-day family members.
Apparently, we have arrived in Seattle on the first day of an extended period of sunny, warm weather - something that has been lacking down here so far in 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, 93rd birthday, to your Mom.


juicyfruityy