Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saradise Lost - Chapter Thirty-Eight -- Sarah Palin's Demon-Haunted Church



background at Huffington Post

why am I not surprised that Gryphen already had this video up early today, along with this prescient comment:

If I saw a movement like this in the Buddhist community I would be concerned.

If I saw a movement like this in the Jewish community I would be worried.

If I saw a movement like this in the Islamic community (and I have) I would be scared.

But I have now seen a movement like this in the Christian community, and I have seen a Republican Vice Presidential nominee embracing it, and I am terrified!

5 comments:

Ishmael said...

Nice shout-out to Carl Sagan.

Very apropos comment from Gryphen. Just because they're (so-called) "Christians" doesn't mean they can't be scary as all hell. So to speak.

Philip Munger said...

Ish,

We've started locking our doors. These folks make meth addicts look predictable.

We may need silver bullets, though...

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Remember, these people believe in their armegeddon and when it happens they'll be "raptured". Bring about a "nukuler" war and they'll be instantly zapped up to heaven.

Folks outside the US are appalled at what's going on there now.

I have a hard time believing the polls that say the race is virtually tied right now. SCARY!

Anonymous said...

While I don't subsribe to those beliefs. I know a lot of holy rollers and they aren't scary people. You probably know some as well...they're incognito sometimes.

Anyway, there must have been a reason that Palin left that church. She hasn't made enemies there and still gets along with the people, its a small town after all.

Wasilla Bible Church is not at all a holy roller church. You ought to attend sometime, you would feel pretty comfortable.

Philip Munger said...

anon @ #4 - IANAC, so I wouldn't feel comfortable there, thank you.