Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Short Photo Tour of Greater Wasilla

Every web page I go to, no matter what subject - music, identity issues, art, and, of course, politics - is wall-to-wall Sarah! The place where we live, Wasilla, Alaska, is forever now in the national image. Hard to explain how bizarre these past eight days have been in that respect.

Some blogs have posted photo tours of Wasilla. Most of them had to get out and do that, because nobody has ever confused the photographic attractions of my town with those of Paris. Or Palmer, for that matter.

But I have taken a few photos of Wasilla - very few. I suppose I should go out and take my iPhone around town and do my own post-Sarah photo tour soon. Meanwhile, here are some of the ones in my iPhoto cache:

Wasilla Patriots
Wasilla non-patriots
Voting for Obama last winter at Sarah Palin's alma mater, Wasilla High School
Fortified GOP wingnut campaign sign. He was soundly trounced by progressive Michelle Church

Paintballers at Nikegrad, an abandoned antiaircraft missile site near Wasilla

Judy, my longtime close friend and trusty bodyguard Fred, Strider - on our floating dock, on Neklason Lake, where we live
Tumpeter swans, rising from Neklason Lake
Summer solstice in the middle of the night, on Neklason Lake

No comments: