Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Excerpts From Gov. Palin's Upcoming Speech

from the RNC:

On being mayor of Wasilla:


I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities.

On being an outsider:

I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country.

On energy:

Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems -- as if we all didn't know that already. But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all. Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines...build more nuclear plants...create jobs with clean coal...and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources. We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers.

On John McCain:

Here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election. In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The Washinton Post has just released a story based on emails provided by Walt Monegan. In the emails, sent on her Yahoo account, Sarah Palin applies the pressure to fire State Trooper Doug Wooten, the pressure she publicly denied.

Pamalah MacNeily said...

This woman if truly scary.. 2003: running Ted Stevens '527' organization, as mayor of Wasilla, she got several people fired and replaced with her cronies, and now as the new Trooper Gate, Baby Gate. Then standing by while that rabid talk show host called Lynda Green a bitch...and laughing. Now, McCain's goons are stalling the investigation. What a hornet's nest.

Don't they realize if you don't want to teach kids about how babies are made, they will just have to find out on their own. As her daughter just demonstrated.

Can y'all find out if that little baby of Sarah's is actually hers. We here some talk that it could be Bristol's also.

Anyways, great going.

Lots of kudo's from California!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!
I loved everything about it!
She blew Obama, whos running for President, when shes running as a VP, CLEAR OUT OF THE WATER!


As for the comments about the kids. Back off.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
Ben Franklin

Fools are the ones that will steep as low as to attack children.

Anonymous said...

It's impossible to back off the kids and her family issues when she parades them on stage for the world to see. They are fair game.

Anonymous said...

Its apparent that she has the political skills to deliver a speech ... but mainly it was just a load of condecension and red meat.

The more I learn about Palin though I think that her main skill is that she possesses an ability at clever self promotion.

Two other observations: When John McCain came out he looked almost doddering and really fucking old .. particularly in regard to Palin ... and that is a contrast that brings the most pertinent issue into sharp focus ... her qualifications for the VP office and ultimately the Presidency in the event that circumstances called for it.

My answer to that is no, she does not.

Lastly, Cindy McCain really creeps me out ... her brightest smiles occured at every attack line ... I guess she's a really fan of the standard 'gotcha' politics.

Ohm51

Hilary said...

Oh I see a candidate should not admit to having children, just like Obama....

We the people demand that politacal candidates introduce us to there family's. Not only that we want to know so much about there lives that they are seen in gossip magazines all the time. Including Obama with his two little girls.

All Palin did was introduce us to her 5 children, inform us that they have shaped her life and the issues she supports.

And I would just like to point out, and I want to say this with as much humility and lack of prujudice, I have heard many Obama supporters noting that Obama is an African American, in some instances that is all they are saying.

Maia said...

She was good. "Mean Girls" good. I felt like I was back in the cafeteria at Wendler when she started talking about Obama.

Anonymous said...

BTW...Has anyone checked if there were "punishments" in Obama's past that are no longer with us?