Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Long Two Days...

Two days of grading UAA student exams and term papers. I have about 140 students at UAA and Eagle River Community College this semester. My regular assistant is a senior, preparing for her senior recital and graduation, so I did her regular work this week, along with my own.

I was able to watch Diane Benson's plays and dramatic monodramas this morning while grading, and this afternoon sat out in the sunshine on our morning deck.

I listened to Shannyn Moore on KUDO interview Jeff Cohen about his experiences in the media. Excellent radio. And a few people called with questions about Ray Metcalfe - apparently I'm some sort of expert.

What a beautiful day, Gobi Desert dust and all.

My good friend Brendan Joel Kelly at the Anchorage Press will be vaguely misquoting me tomorrow in an article about Ethan Berkowitz's record donation from the neo-con PAC, Our Common Values.

Brendan has me saying "If Ethan beats Diane I’ll be knocking on his door the next day to work for him."

What I said was, "Look, in the remote possibility that Ethan beats Diane, I’ll be knocking on his door the next day to work for him. We need that seat." The same goes for the even more remote possibility that Jake beats either Diane or Ethan.

Brendan also appears to have been up against a deadline, and wasn't able to follow my advice to call Howie Klein or get hold of Jeff Cohen - who is in Anchorage - to get a better handle on how Rahm's candidate funding organization has worked in the very recent past.

image of graded exams and papers, after being alphabetized.

No comments: