Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Frank's Labyrinth

Jim Clark's plea, and questions on what the six-month timeline on his sentencing - and the delay in the sentencing of Bill Allen and Rick Smith - means, have all led to more speculation in Alaska today than did the May 2006 arrests. For good reason.

Driving into work today, I listened to Rick Reidell speculate that there must be some tie-in to Bambi Tyree. Sheesh! Reidell further speculated that the second polling firm or outside consultant named in Clark's finding document might be Jack Abramoff, which might require either Murkowski or Abramoff to possess a time machine, Rick.

I called in to Reidell's show for the first time in several years to point him toward an article that appeared Monday evening at DailyKos, penned by a diarist there named dengre. I've been using information from dengre since September 2006. He documented the best articulation of ties between Jack Abramoff and Don Young up to the time of my October 2006 Down With Tyranny article on that subject. But dengre is about to take that far, far further, and is enlisting support for a collective database search of public documents. I'm now helping dengre directly, and have enlisted support from some Alaska journalists who do not want to be named.

More on that later. But dengre is probably accurate in his speculation that most of Young's now over a million dollars spent on legal fees are tied to the Abramoff case.

Reidell seems to have come to his senses regarding Young. I called Carrie Carrigan this afternoon in his slot sitting in for KUDO's Aaron Selbig (hope you're recovering, Aaron!), alerting Carrigan to dengre's diary.

As I related near the beginning of the legislative session, a lot of resources - journalistic, political, investigative, law enforcement and others - are on overload. There is so much crap out there on our corrupt GOP, it is an almost encyclopedic task to tie it together. dengre cites 65,000 documents in his possession, 700,000 in existence, on Abramoff's illegal activities that haven't yet been sorted.

I discovered a great interactive chart on Frank, though, this evening, from comments at the Anchorage Daily News political blog, posted by jaydee:

Frank's Labyrinth


Frank's labyrinth - it dates back to 1998 - is even better than Don's Labyrinth!

2 comments:

CelticDiva said...

I'll volunteer to help as much as I can and I could care less if I'm named!

You know where to find me! *points to her blog link*

Philip Munger said...

cd - go to dengre's article. Click on his name. It brings you to his home page at dailykos. His e-mail is posted there. Write him and offer your assistance. Write about it in your ADN column, which I'm so glad you're doing!