Monday, March 17, 2008

ComFish Alaska U.S. House Debate to be Broadcast Statewide

I found out this afternoon from KMXT Kodiak Public Radio's News Director Jay Barrett, that Thursday evening's debate at ComFish Alaska 2008, featuring the candidates vying for Rep. Don Young's seat in the U.S. Congress will be broadcast statewide on the Alaska Public Radio Network.

The debate, to be held in the Kodiak High School Auditorium, will be the first forum at which candidates from both the Republican Party and Democratic Party will appear together at the same forum.

The time of the debate's broadcast will be from 7 to 9 p.m. KMXT will stream it on the internet, as will APRN. ComFish's web site lists Don Young, AK Rep. Gabrielle LeDoux, Diane Benson, Ethan Berkowitz, and Jake Metcalfe as participants, but the program was printed before Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell announced his candidacy for the seat last Friday morning.

At the Mat-Su Democrats' Egan Dinner last Friday, I gave a report on my attendance of that day's events at the Alaska GOP Convention in Anchorage. I pointed out that with Sean Parnell's entry into the race, national interest in the contest is already growing. I predicted more money will be spent in the 2008 U.S. House primary contest than was spent in the 2006 Alaska gubernatorial final. Around $2,500,000 was spent on that race.

I love Kodiak! I wish I could be there for the debate.

No comments: