Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Department of Corrections

Wasilla High School Gym - south side - at 8:10 p.m.

Wasilla High School gym - north side - at 8:10 p.m.

As people were leaving, 45 minutes later, I asked the WHS vice principal and two custodians "How big was the crowd?" All three felt that there were right around 1,000 people there.

The Democratic Party has statewide district-by-district results
up at their web site.

The GOP hasn't yet updated their site, but you can download a pdf of their statewide district-by-district results at this ADN location.

I watched my district count, and it seems to be accurately reflected in the vote recorded by the Party. 174 votes were cast in my district, the 13th. I counted closer to 200 people in the 13th District group, but there were a lot of kids there, and some people just plain didn't raise their hands with their colored cards.

I didn't see how things went for the GOP at either the Palmer Depot or at the Regan Building on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway. But I did talk to three people who witnessed the crowd size at the Depot, the Regan and Wasilla High. All three claimed that the crowds at the GOP events were somewhat smaller than those at WHS.

If you look through the numbers on the GOP district-by-district speadsheet, the claims of some of the Valley district participation numbers seem to me to be just plain cooked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little cooked? You are polite. They were pulling numbers out of their asses and divining tea leaves. Pmfth.

Anonymous said...

To the powers that be; 2-20-2008
35 years Read On

My family lived with an active methane gas sewer well, spewing raw sewage under my trailer, bubling up thru the bath tub, while, our main water supply line provided our drinking water from, to our house in the Senior Kohring rentals in Wasilla for months; and when we complained; Now ex rep vic kohring crawled under my house and pretended to repair the problem, when that didn't work he did nothing more but evict my family in the middle of winter sending our family to the streets in the winter time. We were exposed to raw sewage and dangerous gases from vic's badly rigged repairs he pretended to fix, as he did to the nice folks of wasilla, as thier represenitive, he thought he was above the law; NOT NOT NOT. I think 35 years in prison is too good for him, simply not enough for what he put our family through,
let alone what he did to his own people of wasilla. he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. wonder how many more times he dipped, before.