Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Alaska Progressive Blog Roundup - April 11, 2009 -- Some Additions to the "Progressive Alaskan Blogs" Category

Progressive Alaska is updating the Progressive Alaskan Blogs category over the weekend. If I've missed some significant new ones that are both progressive and consistent, please comment, and I will update through the next few days.

Thanks!

Anonymous Bloggers: Maintained mostly by Nunam Iqua resident, Ann Strongheart, this blog grew very rapidly in both stature and interest, as it became vibrant look into a longstanding commuity on the Bering Sea coast on the Yukon River Delta. I hope that by the end of 2009 there are a hundred new progressive Alaskan blogs, representing predominantly Native Alaskan rural communities.

Situational Ethics: Has been around for a long time. It was fairly inactive last year, but may be erupting more often soon...

A Bodenstown Perspective: Written by Wolfe Tone, this is a very recent addition, but quite active. Short, punchy essay style.

Mamadance:
Erin been around since last summer. Finally got around to including it! Here is the owner's description:

Welcome to Mamadance! This blog was first created in the summer of 2008, when my daughter was just a year old. I started this blog because of her- I wanted to share her with friends and family and honor mothers everywhere who survive their children one day at a time. That’s why it’s called Mamadance and not SarahPalinSucksEggs.com.

That's all the time for now. Please help me with other suggestions.

Update - Monday 9:00 a.m: PA has also added We're Not That Stupid.

image - Photograph of Redoubt, as seen from near Homer on April 11, 2009. Photograph courtesy of Dennis Anderson.

4 comments:

Wolfe Tone said...

Thanks for the addition, Philip!
I'm new at this, so be gentle.

RunninL8 said...

WE'RE NOT THAT STUPID!
I'm a busy mommy but I try to make blog-time for a little political edification, photography, and snark...
We may have met? Troopergate petition handoff

Philip Munger said...

RunninL8,

I just followed a link at Alaska Real to your blog, and said, "Oops, I forgot 'We're Not Taht Stupid!'" How stupid of me. Or, at least - forgetful.

I've just added your blog.

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me, Phillip. Love the site!

Erin