Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DMOA

That's "Dead Meat On Arrival."

The other guy wasn't that great, but far better than many who have served in the post of Alaska Public Safety Commissioner. And Monegan was looking under some carpets, especially regarding the handling of sexual abuse issues.

Timing is important, Governess Palin. You blew it with this one. Big time!

I have a lot of friends who hoped Sarah Palin could create a bipartisan, outside-the-box administration. Friends from all over the political spectrum. Many have declared the "honeymoon" over.

My turn, Sarah:

Honeymoon over...

image of Chief cop Kopp as he shouldn't be

4 comments:

Ishmael said...

Phil, you are way off base with this post. I dare say you've never met Chuck, nor know anything about what kind of job he'll do. Jesus Christ, he's only been in the job for 24 hours and you're already flying his flag upside down?

Anonymous said...

My interpretation is that the upside-downness isn't an attack, but a representation of "dead meat" and that Phil thinks the new guy's going to be axed too, or at least stifled.

But it's hard to tell.

Philip Munger said...

I respect Ish way too much to jump right back in on this. My contacts from 13 years work in Public Safety are sketchier than if I still worked in the field, but I hear stuff.

My concerns in regard to the hire of this officer for the top cop job weren't very well expressed, and I did - as Ish states "fly his flag upside down." It isn't over distress about him, it is about the larger aspect of Gov. Palin seeming to "act out" on occasion.

I hope Ish is right, and that I am wrong about Mr. Kopp, especially regarding my and many others' concerns about this being a sign that the state with by far the worst environment for women in danger of being sexually abused is just going to stay that way.

It isn't that it is too slowly getting better, in regard to sexual violence here, it is that it appears to actually be getting worse.

Wang Pa-Tan said...

http://www.andrewhalcro.com/why_walt_monegan_got_fired

Say no more