Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hooray! - Aaron's Back to Work

I just read a couple of local newspaper articles written by one of Anchorage's most effective progressives, Aaron Selbig. As most readers here know, Selbig was dumped at KUDO in late April in a shakeup there.

The first article, for the Seward Phoenix LOG, is the story of Tlingit woman Barb Franks' struggle for triumph over tragedy. The second, written for the Turnagain Times, tells of the rescue of a family whose boat sank last month in Passage Canal, near Whittier.

I hope to read more stuff by Aaron, and hear his voice on the airwaves. I keep looking here, too, hoping to see some activity....

Update From the Comments: Brendan says "
as i understand it, my homeboy Aaron is the editor of the Turnagain Times now. and his band, Kicking Rocks, is playing tomorrow (the 4th) at Bernie's, so everybody should get their asses down there. they like it when men throw their boxer shorts at the stage...."

Yehaaa!

3 comments:

Brendan Joel Kelley said...

as i understand it, my homeboy Aaron is the editor of the Turnagain Times now. and his band, Kicking Rocks, is playing tomorrow (the 4th) at Bernie's, so everybody should get their asses down there. they like it when men throw their boxer shorts at the stage.

Philip Munger said...

THANKS, BRENDAN!

My homeboy is playing with his band, Static Cycle, down in Seward, which is a place I plan to avoid...

Anonymous said...

I am glad Aaron is gainfully employed...but I would hardly call Aaron a progressive. Did you ever listen to his show??? He is not the least bit "insurgent"...he should have called his website "Congruent 49". How can you recognize the crimes of Ted...and be blinded to the mainstream milktoast nature of Aaron???