Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ray Metcalfe's Tony Knowles Blockbuster

Ray Metcalfe has posted an article at the Alaska Report with an accompanying PDF file that asserts Tony Knowles created a Tom DeLayesque fund while governor, through which some large contributions from big oil were eventually funneled directly to Knowles. The amounts given by the oil companies were far larger than they could have contributed directly to Knowles, but Metcalfe indicates that there was an understanding that Knowles could tap these funds from beginning to end of the series of contributions.

The Anchorage Daily News covered some of what Metcalfe has uncovered back when Knowles was in his first term, but Ray's assertions are rather sweeping. As are his conclusions. About four weeks ago, when I shared some of the names I've heard as possible targets for the next level of FBI warrants with Metcalfe, one name I mentioned, that of former State Senator Rick Halford, got Ray's attention. His next word was, "RICO..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you. Now I have the "song" Rico Suave running through my head and it's video. Thanks, Philster.

Anonymous said...

Why does Ray Metcalfe rub me the wrong way?

I just don't trust him.