Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Wind Stopped

So I went out on Neklason Lake to skate for the first time since last spring.






















The ice was either too thin, the wind was blowing too hard, or I was too busy to go out and skate this season until this afternoon.




























I love to skate around the lake, which is about 75 acres in area. If I take a wide route, it is more than a mile for each lap. It is some of the best exercise I get, although arthritis in my feet makes it difficult to get going. But once I warm up, it feels good all over.























Another thing I love to do is take pictures of the ice. I prefer sunny days. Today wasn't, but I'm documenting different things the ice does from first to last of the winter. It is amazing how many different ways ice can shape itself, and how the stresses of the winter change and mold those shapes.




























Strider loves the lake in winter even more than in summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Move south.