Thursday, March 14, 2013

We're Hosting a Fundraiser for Jamey Duhamel for MEA Board Saturday Afternoon

Judy and I are hosting a fundraiser for Jamey Duhamel on Saturday afternoon, from 4:00 pm on.  She kicked off her campaign today, for the open seat on the Matanuska Electrical Association Board, being vacated by Borough Mayor, Larry DeVilbiss.

Here's a link to the event page we've created on facebook, which gives directions to the fundraiser.

Here's a link to her MEA campaign facebook page.

Jamey works very hard and is dedicated to serving people in the Mat-Su Valley.  Here's part of her biography:
I am a life-long Alaskan raised in a military family and the mother of four sons. Brought up in the Mat-Su, I am blessed to have married my high school sweetheart and created a large family together in the place we love. Recently, we chose the pristine beauty of Sutton to buy our first home and raise our energetic boys. With a humble chunk of land, we are raising chickens and vegetables, while teaching our sons the value of hunting and fishing for our food. Living off the land and building character through hard work and perseverance is one of the best gifts living in Alaska has to offer.

I am also blessed to have enjoyed a career improving the futures of families and community. Eighteen years ago I started my career as a therapist for autistic children. Since then, I worked for many years with adults and children with disabilities to ensure they have the chance to be productive, happy, and healthy members of our community. I have spent the last 10 years helping families with victimized children overcome trauma to become healthy adults. In addition, I advocate for abused children in court to help find them safe, permanent homes.

In addition to my professional life, I have enjoyed a long and fulfilling career as a community service volunteer. I served as President of the Board for a local parent resource center for several years, I volunteered on various budget and administrative committees for the local school district, and I volunteer to work with abused children.

Whether volunteering my time or working as a professional, I give my time to the community because I feel strongly that our greatest asset is our people. I want to create a future here that will bring health and happiness to our children and grandchildren.
Come join us Saturday.  Meet some local friends.  Enjoy refreshments.  Sample from our wine cellar.  Donate to Jamey!

No comments: