|Mario Andretti and Latseen Benson|
Army Sergeant Latseen Benson of Chugiak was on his second deployment to Iraq in November 2005 when a bomb blast caused the immediate amputations of both of his legs. Now Sgt. Benson needs your help to get a specially adapted home that will him the opportunity to live a life with the freedom and independence he fought to preserve for this country.
Join us this Saturday for a fabulous night’s entertainment as we raise funds to build a handicapable home for Sgt. Benson and his family.
Latseen is the son of ally to the LGBT community, Diane Benson, who was Democratic nominee for U.S. Congress in 2006 and Lt. Governor in 2010.
So what about entertainment?
We have female impersonators like :
- Rosey Rotten
- Alexis Kellie
- Many, many, many more….
- Kelly Lee Williams, Comedian
- Baina Kandi, Anchorage’s local show host
- Lisa Willis, local opera singer
- Many, many, many more…..
- Hand crocheted American flag blanket
- Lunch with Elvi Gray Jackson & Diane Benson
- Gift certificates to local restaurants
- Much, much, much more……
- Date/time: Saturday, August 13, 9:00 PM to midnight
- Location: Mad Myrna’s, 530 E. 5th Ave. in downtown Anchorage (see map)
- Cost of admission: Cover will be $10 and the money raised will be going to Sgt. Benson through Homes For Our Troops.
- Further info: See Facebook event page. To learn more about this project go to Homes for Our Troops: Latseen Benson.