Sunday, January 6, 2008

More Federal Alaska GOP Corruption Indictments? - a Poll

Everyone from Ethan Berkowitz to Sheila Toomey has mentioned that more indictments are looming in the GOP political corruption case(s) here. I've heard so many rumors since October, I can't remember them all. We do know some people have had their offices or homes searched. Others have stated that they are under investigation by the FBI. A few have all but disappeared off the face of the earth.

I'm going to take a poll. It is off at the top of the right-hand side of the page. If I've left anyone out, feel free to comment, and I'll add the person if he or she seems credible. You can vote on more than one item in the poll.

Rick Smith and attorney - photo by Al Grillo, AP

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim Clark?

Philip Munger said...

I thought of putting Jim Clark up there, but although I know he and his family are under enormous stress, his name hasn't surfaced at all since late last summer. Chances are higher that he's co-operating in some way.

I'd change my mind if I found out more specifics.

Steve said...

I think the DOJ would rather have people enter into plea agreements. Trials take a lot of time and effort and are less certain. But with trials the public seems to learn more details of what all has gone on.

Philip Munger said...

steve,

Yeah, DOJ could have bought about 25,000 deluxe cheese burgers and a few dozen used deluxe lawn mowers for the cost of Vic's trial alone. Maybe they offered Vic the wrong incentives...