Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fluff or Snow Job? We'll See...


I've been on the phone today with lots of people, preparing for my first stint ever as an AM Radio talk show host. Yikes! I'm just a replacement for KUDO's CC, while she's out of town, but she has standards. And class. And a hellacious sense of humor. So - the pressure is on.

From 1:00 p.m. until about 2:00, Jim Sykes from Utility Watch will be my studio guest. We'll be examining Matanuska Electric Association's decision to hold back on construction of a coal-fired power plant just south of Palmer. They're talking a five-year hold, which looks like the kiss of death. But MEA's spin-meisters can out-fluff and out-snow-job most flakes in the local area, so I'm hoping to get somebody from their organization to explain to us how this decision was made and what the future of clean coal power holds.

From 2:00 to 3:00, Michelle Meyer from Alaskans for Clean Elections will be our guest, as she explains why bringing more young people into the signature gathering process for this upcoming ballot initiative is so very important.

That's me at the top, clearing the driveway of about 7 inches of snow today. It is snowing again, but not hard enough to get me back out there tonight. Too bad, 'cause I need to work off a dinner of corned moose and cabbage. I put home-grown burdock root into the recipe for the first time. It worked.

No comments: